Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Please Make Welcome Today's Special Guest, Romance Author, Drea Becraft

Good Morning Romance Readers,
Today's very special guest is the fabulous romance author, Drea Becraft. Be sure and leave a comment so Drea will know you dropped by.

The Baby Factor

Blog by Drea Becraft

Do you like babies in romance novels?  Some say yes…some say no.  I on happen to like the baby element and the conflict it throws into the mix.  In more then one of my stories there is a baby in the mix but and I also enjoy reading them in stories as well.
 Now I do have my limits in which kind of stories I like them in no hard core erotica…it just seems weird to me.  I don’t like them in horror books either I think it has something to do with the fact that they might actually get hurt.
 I am a stay at home mom so I guess that may have something to do with the whole liking them thing but honestly I think there is just something so sexy about a man that can hold a baby in his arms and be at ease.
 So how do you feel?  Is a baby in a book okay?  Or would you prefer not to read about them.

BLURB:
Timing Is Everything

Release Date: October 17, 2011



Mandy only wanted one thing in life–to have a family. With no other options available to her, Mandy seeks out to adopt a child to call her own. Then a favor for a friend turns her world upside down and inside out.
 Dmitri is on a mission to expand his business, but when his ex drops their baby on his doorstep for him to raise, Dmitri’s plans start to venture into unknown territory. If it weren't for Mandy, his whole world would be in shambles.
 Both Mandy and Dmitri have their own crosses to bear but Dmitri can’t imagine life without her. In a situation neither of them planned on, can they get past their differences and find happiness together?

 EXCERPT:


          “I have eight hours before we leave.
          It takes at least an hour to get there, add in the cavity search you have to go through, and baggage check and youre going to be lucky if you make it on time if you leave right now. As if on cue the buzzer arming the front doors went off as Tim's face filled the small screen in the corner of Sasha's desk.  Looks like hubby's here so time to go.
          If you need anything you'll call me, right?
          Not unless there isn't other option.
          You can call me anytime. At the door Sasha entered her pin number into the key pad and pushed the door open slightly.
          Its your honeymoon. Go have fun and dont worry about work. Everything's under control. Making a shooing motion with her arms, Mandy smiled at Tim as he opened the door and stuck his head in giving her a wink.
           You heard the woman, it's our honeymoon.  Besides, I plan on keeping you too busy to even remember your name, let alone  who you work for. Kissing his wife on the cheek before grabbing her hand, Mandy watched as the two left the office without another word.
          Despite her anger over the wedding she should've been at, Mandy really did like Tim.  The love he showed for her friend was one she envied and hoped some man would share with her one day.  Until then she'd watch the love those two shared and be as happy as she could for them both.
          Hours later Mandy sat at her computer when the buzzer filled the office.  Turning to look into the monitor, the site of a lady with a carrier filled the screen.  Pushing the button to allow her to enter, the cries of a baby filled the office before either mother or child entered the space.  Once inside Mandy was struck by the site of the woman as the door closed behind her.
          Can I help you? Raising up from behind the desk, Mandy looked down at the baby covered in a pink blanket.
          Yeah, I'm here to drop this off.
          Sure, I can take that envelope for you. Holding out her hand for the envelope in the womans hand, Mandy waited patiently for it to be handed over.
          Not the envelope you twit, the baby. Lifting the carrier up onto the counter, the woman set the envelope on the desk beside it.
          Excuse me? Did you just say the baby?


Timing Is Everything can be found here:


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Drea, nice to see you on Tab's blog. Do I like babies in romance novels? I guess it depends on the kind of romance you are building. Normally, I'd say no, but I might be a small minority. In some stories, I guess they have their place.

Your book sounds interesting. May your sales skyrocket for you.

Brandy B aka Brandlwyne said...

Hi Tabs and Drea:)

I love the baby factor in books. I don't care what genre it just adds an "awww" factor to the book. Great post!!!

~Brandy
brandyzbooks at yahoo dot com

Tabitha Shay said...

Hi Drea,
Welcome to my blog. I'm so happy ur here today. Babies in a book? Actually, I prefer the hero and heroine to meet for the first time in a story, so that pretty much eliminates any children between them in the beginning. I love if the heroine conceives during the story, or even perhaps is already pregnant by another man, depends on what her story is. If there kids or babies in my books, they're usually the younger brother or sister to the heor or heroine...but then this is just me and what I like. Everyone's tastes are different and I'm thankful for that, else we'd all be stuck in a rut. Good luck with ur new book...Hugs...Tabs

Daisy Dunn said...

Hi Drea and Tabbycat!!
I love the idea of babies in romance novels, but not in erotica...it seems not right. Your story sounds wonderful and I wish you great success with it!!

Daisy Dunn